As for now we all know dental Implants are the best way to replace missing teeth. This is because unlike a dental bridge, where the practitioners have to trim your adjacent teeth to support, harming the tooth structure for the prosthetic bridge. A removable denture could be uncomfortable in wearing or chewing, and takes time to get used to. That is why people are moving to a much better way to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are strong and clinically they have a success rate of about 95-98%. If taken proper care, it will last a long time.
In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ, we provide two different types of dental implant materials. The types of materials used are constantly improving all the time, but as for now there are two types of dental implant materials that are widely used till today. These are Titanium and Ceramic Implants. There are always debates to which dental implants are more suitable, and if you are not so sure which material you will decide best for you.
First of all both titanium and ceramic implants has been in the market for a long time, but titanium implants has been in the market longer than ceramic implants. So the question is, why use ceramic implants since there are already titanium implants. First of all, we would like to let everyone know that there are always advantages and disadvantages to the types of materials use, and both are great materials. However Ceramic implants have a slight advantage to Titanium implants, which makes them slightly higher cost compare to titanium implants.
Ceramic implants have few advantages compare to titanium implants:
- In the Market, ceramic implants are known as metal free.
- Ceramic implants are made up of zirconia and have a much higher corrosion resistant than titanium. Zirconia has less degradation of the materials.
- They are more resistant to electrochemical or chemical attack than titanium implants. Ceramic implants doesn’t conduct electrochemical current or release ions to the mouth.
- Ceramic implants have a much better aesthetic looks through soft tissue compare to titanium implants. That is why ceramic implants are best done in the front teeth.
- They have the same osteointegration (Bone growth and blood supply surrounding the implant) with titanium, but ceramic implants osteointegration result has better growth of blood supply around the implant.
- They have the strength almost like titanium.
- Some people are allergic to titanium. Ceramic implants are known as non-allergic, and do not cause allergic reaction.
- Ceramic implants are bio ceramics so they accumulate little plague compare to titanium. Reduces the amount of plaque buildup.
- They reduce the risk of perioimplantitis.
- Promotes the growth of soft tissue around the implant better than titanium.
Both dental implants are equally great, however in Smileway Dental Clinic USJ we recommend to have Ceramic dental implants for people who are allergic to titanium and for people who needs to replace teeth at the front of their jaw to prevent any unaesthetic results in the future. If you have any questions or any doubts about which dental implants are best for you, you can always contact us.