- Always brush your dentures thoroughly before soaking, to remove plaque and food debris. Brush using soft-bristle toothbrush with dishwashing liquid or denture cleanser.
- Brush all surfaces of the denture well. Rinse with room temperature water.
- Handle your dentures carefully. Be sure you don’t bend or damage the plastic or the metal clasps when cleaning.
- Soak your denture overnight with warm water to keep them in shape as they need to be moist. Never soak with hot water. Don’t let your denture dry out. Dryness causes it to lose their shape and become more brittle.
- Rinse dentures thoroughly before putting them back in your mouth, especially if using a denture-soaking solution.
- Avoid sticky and hard food like crab shells, bones or ice while using your denture.
- Always clean your mouth, tongue and gum after removing your denture.
- Visit your dentist at least every 6 months regarding your teeth and your denture.
In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about denture care, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.