1. Did you know that baby’s teeth develop while they are still in the womb? At birth, newborn have a full set 20 baby teeth hidden beneath their gum.
2. Teething is common experience for babies. It happens as a result of their baby teeth pushing through their gum. This process is often uncomfortable and painful.
3. Baby teeth help reserve space for adult teeth once they grow in.
4. Baby teeth still need brushing and flossing. Baby teeth are little, but they should not be ignored.
5. A baby tooth won’t fall out unless there’s an adult tooth to replace it.
6. Girls’ teeth tend to erupt before the boy.
7. Baby teeth affect adult teeth placement. If you little one losses a baby tooth too early, the permanent teeth can begin to drift into the empty space. This can crowd other adult teeth as they come in, leading to crowded or crooked appearance.
8. Before the baby tooth falls out, the root dissolve. That’s why, when your child’s tooth falls out, you only see the crown not the root.
9. A twice a year check up is recommended for most children. Regular dental visit help your child stay cavity free.
In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about tips of taking care of baby teeth, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.