Every single time in our lives, we are always looking out the best for our health. It has come to a trend that health and aesthetics are being a concern to our daily lives. Porcelain Veneers are one of the treatment options that you can choose that will significantly enhance your personal experience, especially your smile. Porcelain Veneers are shells that made up of porcelain, which are bonded to your existing teeth. In Smileway Dental Usj Clinic, we would like to list down the Top 7 reasons why you should get porcelain veneers done on your teeth.
- Aesthetics: This is one of the main reasons why people go for porcelain veneers. It enhances your smile and at the same time gives you a beautiful smile. As for now the best aesthetic type of prosthetics in the whole world is porcelain veneers. Since they are made up of thin porcelain, they can better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth compare to other types of materials.
- Change shape: Porcelain veneers are customized to your liking. Different size and shape of teeth will look different in different individuals. Porcelain veneers are customized in the lab so that you get the best shape and size of the teeth that suit your face when you smile. After all, nobody wants a tiny teeth in a broad smile, and nobody wants humongous teeth.
- Change Color: Some people are tired of doing whitening procedures all the time to get their teeth white again. Some people are frustrated trying out new things all the time to get their teeth white. This is because it is time-consuming and some people find it a hassle. By proceeding with porcelain veneers, you can get a natural color to a white color. Before any fabrication of the veneers, your dentist will let you choose the color of your choice.
- Stain Resistance: Compare to all other types of treatment options available at the dental office a lot of people choose porcelain veneers over resin veneers because of the staining properties. Porcelain veneers resist stains so much better than resin veneers.
- Closure of minor Gaps: There are a lot of people who are frustrated with gaps in their teeth, and they do not want to seek orthodontic treatment (Braces). Since Porcelain veneers are customized to your liking, they can close minor gaps and make your teeth look beautiful.
- Making your teeth look Aligned: People with minor crooked teeth condition can choose to have porcelain veneers to correct their smile making it look more aligned. Although in some severe case of crooked teeth would need orthodontic treatment, these veneers can still correct minor misaligned teeth.
- Cavities and Chipped tooth: Porcelain veneers are shells that cover your existing teeth. Large cavities at the front teeth or even chipped tooth can be restored with porcelain veneers. If large cavities are left untreated, they will cause harm to the vital structures of the teeth needing more extensive treatment. With these veneers, you are able to treat those large huge cavities and still get the aesthetic look.
So there you have it. There are multiple reasons to why someone wants to choose porcelain veneers as their treatment but these are the main 7 reasons. In Smileway Dental USJ, our doctors are trained in the art of aesthetics, so you can rest assured that we always give our honest personal opinion and deliver the best value you can get, because we believe in Creating Smiles That Matter.
Written By: Dr. Jon Low
(SmileWay Dental Doctor)
Have you ever experience having a tooth pain but it doesn’t have any signs and symptoms that it has any cavity. It hurts every time you chew, every time you bite it hurts, every time you drink cold and hot drinks you feel so sensitive. If all these are happening, then you might have a cracked tooth.
Cracked tooth occurs when a tooth has a crack that even taking an x-ray can’t easily be determined and sometimes it can be a challenge for the Dentist to identify. Unfortunately, there are some signs that you can even identify by yourself if you are having crack teeth.
Signs and Symptoms of Cracked Tooth
- There’s a pain when you chew and bite especially after you release the bite.
- There is sensitivity to hot, cold and sweets.
- There is an on and off pain.
- There is a swelling on the gum around the affected tooth.
Below is some of the reason why you might have Cracked Tooth
- People who grind and clench their teeth
- Teeth with large fillings
- Pressure from teeth grinding
- Teeth that had undergone Root Canal Treatment before, or during Root Canal Treatment.
- Our teeth weakens as we age, crack tooth may build up as tooth gets weaker.
There are many ways to treat a crack tooth.
- Filling. The Doctor might be able to save it by doing the filling or bonding which can be done by using restorative resin to fill the crack and restore the look and function of the tooth.
- Crown. Doctor can do a dental crown. It is a cap that covers and protects the tooth. It serves as a strong cap for your tooth. Without the cap, a damaged cracked tooth won’t be able to withstand the pressure of biting.
- Root Canal Treatment, if in case the tooth has a crack that has extended all the way to the pulp (the vital structure of your tooth), the tooth should be treated through root canal treatment.
- Dental Implants, in case the crack of your tooth extend all the way to the gum line, there will be no other way to treat it but extraction and have a dental implant to replace the extracted tooth.
Please do not ignore if you are experiencing the problems of a crack tooth. Even though it is difficult to save a crack tooth, but leaving it untreated can cause infection in the future. That is why one should let your dentist check and advice the best treatment that will suit you. In Smileway Dental Clinic Usj, we always recommend prevention rather than cure. Visit your dentist twice every year, so that they can detect early signs of any mouth diseases and that it is not yet too late to save that crack tooth.
Nowadays, people are looking how they can whiten their teeth. Some people really loves to drink coffee, tea, red wine and some soda that can all stain your teeth and darken your smile. But there are some common foods that can actually help whiten your teeth over time. Theyíre not as thoroughly effective as professional teeth whitening products but they are cheap and natural. And that should leave you smiling.
Today, Smileway Dental Clinic Usj will list some Foods that can help whiten your teeth.
They may stain your shirt, but they could work to whiten teeth, since they contain an enzyme called malic acid. Try mashing up strawberries and rubbing them on your teeth. Leave for five minutes then rinse with water and brush and floss as usual.
2. Apples, celery and carrots
These healthy fruits and veggies act like natural stain removers by increasing saliva production, which serves as the mouth’s self-cleaning agent. They also may kill bacteria that cause bad breath, and their crunch factor works to scrub teeth clean.
3. Oranges and pineapples
Eating tart fruits such as oranges and pineapples may cause the mouth to produce more saliva, which washes teeth clean naturally. Beware of using lemons directly on teeth, because too much acidity can damage teeth.
4. Baking soda
A study found toothpastes that contain baking soda this is long considered a tooth-whitening home remedy do a better job of removing plaque than toothpastes without the ingredient. Once in a while, you can just brush your teeth with baking soda straight from the box.
5. Yogurt and milk
Dairy products contain lactic acid, which may help protect teeth against decay. A study think proteins in yogurt may bind to teeth and prevent them from attack by harmful acids that cause cavities. Dairy products like yogurt and milk contain lactic acid and the enamel-fortifying mineral calcium, which not only whiten teeth, but strengthen them, too.
6. Seeds and Nuts
The abrasive texture of sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts, and cashews works to remove surface stains this is kind of like an exfoliator for your teeth.
They won’t work wonders for your breath, but sulfur compounds in onions keep plaque from forming on your teeth plus, you’re more likely to brush your teeth after eating them. The anti-plaque powers only work when you eat onions raw.
High-fiber, coarse foods act as scrubbing agents for teeth. Toss them on your salad for a quick, natural mid-day brush.
Hard cheese, like the little blocks you get on those delicious appetizer trays, is full of calcium, which strengthens teeth and gums. Casein, a milk protein found in cheese, has been shown to reduce the loss of minerals from tooth enamel.
The flesh of this sweet, delicious fruit helps neutralize the acid in your mouth that causes decay.
You may think raisins are bad for your teeth because of their sticky sweetness, but theyíre actually protective. Chewing raisins stimulates saliva, which helps prevent plaque, stains and cavities from developing by neutralizing the acidic environment created by other foods and bacteria in your mouth, but ofcourse do not over eat Raisins.
H2O keeps you hydrated and smiling bright. Sip and swish between glasses of wine and when eating dark, pigmented foods to prevent staining. Just be sure to drink still over sparkling: Bubbles can erode enamel and harm teeth.
So these are the some of the foods you can consider. Not only having these foods whitens your teeth but they can have possitive effect to your health. We do not recommend over eating, as in Smileway Dental Clinic Usj, we always say, too much of something is never good.
CARA PENJAGAAN GIGI PALSU
Gigi Palsu Juga harus dijaga kebersihanya untuk mengelak dari terjakitnya bakteria pada gigi palsu yang boleh menyebabkan penyakit kulat serta penyakit radang mukosa mulut ini boleh menjejaskan kesihatan gigi asli yang masih ada.
PENJAGAAN SELEPAS PAKAI GIGI PALSU
1-Bersihkan gigi palsu setiap hari dengan cara yang betul untuk membuang lapisan bakteria yang melekat pada gigi palsu terutama pada waktu malam sebelum tidur.
2-Pertama kali memakai gigi palsu juga akan terasa lain perkara ini adalah normal bagi anda yang pertama kali memakai gigi palsu.Anda memerlukan sedikit masa untuk menyesuaikan diri dengan gigi palsu baru anda.
3-Gigi palsu tidak boleh direndam dengan mengunakan air panas kerana boleh menyebabkan kerosakan dan berubah bentuk pada gigi palsu.
4-Anda juga dinasihatkan memakan makanan yang lembut bagi permulaan yang memakai gigi palsu.
5-sebelum tidur anda hendaklah simpan gigi palsu dalam bekas tertutup dengan air yang bersih pada setiap malam.
Gigi palsu yang tidak dijaga dengan betul juga akan mengeluarkan bau dan berubah warna sekiranya dibiarkan berlarutan.Anda juga dinasihatkan jumpa dengan doktor setiap tahun untuk pemeriksaan gigi asli yang lain mulut pipi serta gusi bagi mengelakan penyakit pada gigi palsu anda.Smileway Dental Clinic USJ21 boleh membantu anda cara untuk penjagaan gigi palsu.
Mengapa kita perlu memakai gigi sarung atau ″crown″ selepas menjalani rawatan akar?
Rawatan akar merupakan rawatan untuk gigi yang telah rosak teruk di mana tisu pulpa telah dijangkiti atau telah mati, ini mengelakkan gigi tersebut tidak dicabut dan boleh terus kekal berfungsi di dalam mulut. Rawatan akar biasanya memerlukan beberapa kali kunjungan. Sesudah rawatan akar selesai kita diggalakkan memakai gigi sarung atau ″crown″.
Gigi sarung atau dipanggil “crown” adalah sarung atau “cap” berbentuk gigi asal yang diletakkan pada gigi bagi melitupi permukaan gigi untuk mengembalikan rupa bentuk asal gigi di samping menguatkan struktur gigi tersebut serta menjadikan rupa gigi yang lebih cantik. Crown berfungsi untuk melindungi gigi karena terbuat dari bahan yang kuat menahan tekanan kunyah, contohnya terbuat dari logam. Selain itu juga dapat memperbaiki bentuk gigi ke keadaan semula dan mengembalikan fungsinya. Jadi gigi yang sudah dilakukan perawatan saluran akar sebaiknya memakai crown.
Mengapa gigi sarung atau ″crown″ harus dipakai?
1. Untuk melindungi gigi yang lemah daripada pecah .
2. Untuk mengembalikan rupa bentuk gigi yang rosak
3. Untuk meliputi dan menyokong gigi bertampalan besar.
4. Untuk menutupi gigi yang berubah warna atau tidak elok bertujuan untuk menutupi permukaan gigi.
5. Menguatkan struktur gigi tersebut.
“Crown” disimen pada gigi meliputi keseluruhan permukaan gigi yang berkenaan pada atau di atas garis gusi. Proses rawatan melibatkan dua kali lawatan di mana lawatan pertama melibatkan pemeriksaan keadaan gigi seterusnya persiapan pada gigi iaitu pengubahsuaian bentuk gigi agar “crown” dapat dipasang menyerupai saiz asal gigi. Di Smileway Dental Klinik USJ kami menyediakan pelbagai rawatan antaranya rawatan akar dan ″crown″ dengan harga yang berpatutan.
WHY CHOOSE FLEXIBLE DENTURES?
Nowadays people are looking to replace missing teeth, they have several options available to choose. There is a range of metal and acrylic options on the market for people to choose from. However, it’s important not to forget about Valplast dentures and all the benefits they provide, with very few disadvantages. This article will help you to choose your right denture to use.
WHAT IS VALPLAST DENTURES?
Valplast Denture are made from a thermoplastic nylon material with is strong, long lasting and flexible. They are used to make non-permanent dentures for patients while being non-invasive. Most dentists now offer Valplast dentures as an option to patients across the world.
Pros and Cons of Valplast Denture:
Known to be long-lasting or virtually unbreakable, which is only extended when cared for using recommended cleaning methods.
It usually fitted into pre-existing teeth, it is a non-invasive option which does not require surgery. This means that no instruments need to be inserted into your mouth unlike many permanent options currently available.
This makes them very easy to insert and remove from your mouth with minimal discomfort.
It contains no acrylic monomer and ametal-free colouring agent which is why it is such a great option for people that suffer allergic reactions to metal and acrylic.
It is more affordable than some of their close counterparts such as chrome dentures. It’s important to note that the cost of Valplast dentures usually changes depending on the number of teeth that are required.
Dentures cannot be relined. If the dentures is no longer fit their mouth comfortably, the entire fixture will need to be remade.
If the dentures get a crack or break in any way, they must have the entire fixture replaced. This means the financial outlay can be quite large even if it is a small crack.
Oftentimes, people weigh in which treatment they would go for. Are they going to do dental bridge or a dental implant? This article will help you to make up your mind on which of the two you would go for. Dental Bridges are used to bridge the gap between one or more missing teeth. You can do bridge if the adjacent teeth have large fillings and will be needing crowns or bridge in the future.
Pros and Cons of Dental Bridge
➢ Simple Procedure
It doesn’t need any surgery unlike implants, lot less painful. It is only a simple procedure.
It would only take few weeks to get a dental bridge, faster than implant where you need four months to finish the whole process.
Cheaper than dental implant
➢ Damage Natural Teeth
Adjacent teeth need to be prepared in order to fabricate a bridge.
➢ Unaesthetic ally Pleasing
Bridge is not as aesthetically naturally looking as dental implants.
Dental Implant is a titanium post that supports a crown. It can do individually replacing missing teeth without affecting other teeth.
➢ Natural Looking
Dental implants look and function like a natural tooth. They are strong and durable.
➢ No Strain on other Teeth
Dental implants stand on its own so it doesn’t give any strain on other teeth unlike dental bridge
Dental Implants need a surgery, unlike bridge; dental implants will need a surgery that sometimes may lead to infection, nerve damage and jaw fractures.
Unlike dental bridge, dental implants needs a longer time in order to finish the whole process. Four months until the gums are totally heal and only the time can do the prosthetic part.
Nowadays, the price for dental implant is not as cheap as dental bridge. But if you are talking of durability and longevity, dental implant is the best way of replacing missing teeth. It might be expensive but it will last as 30 years or more.
Still having doubts, come and visit our clinic. We are doing the dental bridge and dental implant.
Apa itu berus gigi elektronik Keomax Sonic?
Memberus gigi adalah rutin harian yang wajib dilakukan untuk menjaga gigi tidak kira dalam kalangan kanak-kanak dan orang tua. Ini kerana memberus gigi boleh membersihkan sisa makanan dan plak dari permukaan gigi. Untuk mendapatkan gigi yang sihat dan putih kita haruslah memilih berus gigi yang betul dan sesuai.
Berus gigi elektronik Keomax Sonic merupakan berus gigi terkini yang dapat merawat dan membersih gigi agar gigi tetap kuat dan sihat. Berus gigi elektronik Sonic terbahagi kepada tiga iaitu berus gigi elektronik Keomax Series 3 Supersonic, Keomax Series 5 Hypersonic, dan Series 7 Powersonic. Berus gigi ini perlahan-lahan berus pada gigi dan gusi anda dan membantu menanggalkan plak secara berkesan. Berus gigi ini bukan hanya mampu membersih rapi, malahan boleh membantu individu yang mempunyai masalah gusi kritikal untuk mendapatkan rutin penjagaan gigi profesional secara ringkas.
Berus gigi Keomax Series 3 Supersonic dan Series 5 Hypersonic merupakan berus gigi yang dilengkapi tiga mod pembersihan mulut iaitu mod membersih, mod memutihkan, dan mod mengurut. Berus gigi ini membantu membersihkan gigi secara 7 kali lebih baik berbanding dengan berus gigi manual. Selain itu, ia juga membantu memutihkan gigi dan menguatkan gigi dalam masa dua minggu.
Berus gigi Keomax Series 7 Powersonic pula, dilengkapi lima mod pembersihan mulut muktamad terdiri daripada mod membersih (pembersihan menyeluruh dalam masa dua minit), mod memutihkan, mod menggosok, mod penjagaan gusi (meningkatkan kesihatan gusi), dan mod sensitif (untuk pembersihan lembut pada gusi). Kesan positif terhadap penggunaan berus gigi elektronik ini dapat dilihat dalam masa dua minggu.
Tidak seperti berus gigi elektronik yang lain, berus gigi elektonik Keomax Sonic menyediakan tindakan pembersihan yang boleh mencapai bahagian di celah-celah gigi, walaupun pada bahagian paling sulit dalam mulut.
Seperti yang disyorkan oleh para doktor dan pakar pergigian, berus gigi ini mempunyai aplikasi penentu masa yang boleh ditentukan untuk memberus gigi selama dua minit. Berus gigi Keomax Sonic ini boleh didapati di Smileway Dental Clinic USJ (Klinik Pergigian Smileway USJ) dengan harga yang berpatutan.
Antara kelebihan menggunakan berus gigi Keomax Sonic:
1. Mencegah gigi rosak
2. Ringan. Mudah dibawah kemana-mana sahaja
3. Menanggalkan kotoran dan memutihkan gigi
4. Harga yang berpatutan
5. Penggunaan bateri yang tahan lama dan mudah dicas
6. Kos penukaran kepala berus adalah murah
7. Pemasa automatik selama 2 minit
KENAPA PERLU CUCI GIGI
– Cuci gigi amat penting pada kita semua bagi tujuan membuang karang gigi dan plak yang melekat pada gigi dan juga membersih karat gigi yang ada pada gigi. Karat gigi juga terjadi dari kesan minum kopi, teh atau hisap rokok. Sebab itulah amat penting pada kita semua untuk cuci gigi 6 atau 8 bulan atau sekurangnya sekali setiap tahun untuk mendapat senyuman yang menarik.
KEADAAN SELEPAS CUCI GIGI
– Terdapat beberapa kesan selepas cuci gigi,gigi tegang dan rasa ngilu. Keadaan ini terjadi disebabkan akar gigi yang terbuka selepas cuci gigi kerana sebelum ini tertutup oleh karang gigi. Selepas cuci gigi mestilah menjaga kebersihan gigi agar tidak kembali terjadi karang gigi lagi.
KELEBIHAN SELEPAS CUCI GIGI
-Membersihkan karang gigi yang melekat pada bahagian belakang gigi yang agak susah untuk diberus mengunakan berus gigi. Biasanya sisa sisa makanan yang bercampur dengan air liur dan darah menjadi keras dan melekat pada gigi ini menyebabkan terjadinya karang gigi. Mengelak dari penyakit gusi dengan membuang karang gigi boleh menghindari dari gusi bengkak atau menjadi merah dan berdarah.ini terjadi disebabkan sisa makanan yang tidak dibersih dengan betul.
CARA PENJAGAAN GIGI SELEPAS CUCI GIGI
-Chekup setiap 6-8 bulan setiap tahun
-Floss dua kali sehari pagi dan malam selepas makan
-Sebelum tidur gosok gigi
-Selepas minum kopi atau teh bilas dengan minum air suam
When something is broken we fix it, and if something is missing we replace it. That quote sound very familiar to a lot of us. This concept is the same as missing a tooth. When there is a missing tooth or if you have recently extracted a tooth, there are many ways to replace them. First of all, you would be wondering why we should replace missing teeth in the first place.
To be frank, a missing tooth is not life-threatening, but leaving a tooth without replacing it can cause severe complications which can impact our health in the near future. So today in smileway dental clinic usj we would love to share with you the 5 popular ways you can replace missing teeth. There are many other ways, but these are the most common ways to do so. However just keep in mind that the most expensive way to replace a missing tooth does not mean the best option, in fact, it depends on the condition of your oral hygiene and the state of your health and teeth. Listed below are some of the popular ways you can replace a missing tooth.
- First of all, if you are looking for ways to replace your missing teeth. We would always recommend having Dental Implants as your first choice. This is because Dental implants have a high success rate and it can last a long time. Dental implants are basically a fixture (the implant) embedded into the bone to support the prosthesis. In another word, dental implants are locked into the jawbone to support a single tooth or multiple teeth. Through time the bone will form a tough connection towards the dental implant making it very stable. These implants can be made up of titanium or ceramic, and the prices can vary due to the quality of the dental implants provided by your dentist. (http://smileway.my/services/dental-implant/)– Click to find out more
- If dental implants are not suitable. Usually replacing missing teeth with dental bridge would be another option. And unlike dentures where we have to remove it and clean it all the time, dental bridge is fixed to the teeth making it easier and comfortable to eat. The materials can be made up of Metal, Porcelains, or even ceramics. The drawback for dental bridge is that it requires adjacent teeth to support the missing teeth. The supporting teeth would need to be trimmed in order to support the missing teeth. If there aren’t any teeth or the supporting teeth are not strong, a dental bridge is not suitable. (http://smileway.my/services/crown-bridges/) – Click to find out more
Dentures: Cobalt Chrome, Acrylic, Valplast
- Dentures are another way to replace missing teeth. Consider this as the last choice of treatment to replace missing teeth. This is because dentures can be uncomfortable sometimes and would need to be changed every 5 years. Using dentures for a long period of time and not taken care of it, can cause harm to other healthy teeth. You would need to remove the dentures every night before bed to clean it. There are many types of materials, starting from metal (Cobalt Chrome) to acrylic to nylon materials. (http://smileway.my/services/dentures/) – Click to find out more
Resin bonded Bridge
- Resin bonded Bridge can be used as a temporary or semi-permanent way to restore missing teeth. Resin bonded bridge is almost like a dental bridge but without trimming so much of the supporting teeth. The materials used here are not as strong as metal, porcelain or even ceramic, as the bridge is made up of composites. Usually, this is done to replace 1 missing tooth, especially for the front tooth. Sometimes fiber splints are used to attach the supporting teeth to the missing tooth to allow better strength. The advantage to this technique is that it can be done in a single dental visit, however, it is not recommended to use a resin bonded bridge to replace missing teeth at the back of the jaw.
- Although this technique is seldom used, there are times where a tooth can be taken out from one side to replace it on another side. For example, a wisdom tooth can be extracted to be implanted in a different location in your jaw. The wisdom tooth can be implanted back into a molar region. This requires good technique and it cannot be done in all cases. The success rate of this autotransplantation depends on the surgical technique and also your medical conditions.
Well, these are the most common ways to replace missing teeth. In smileway dental clinic usj we recommend to always consider Dental implants before others in replace missing teeth. Different situation can have different outcome, and what works for one person might not work in another. That is why it is best to have your teeth checked by a dentist and get their recommendations before making final decision.