Minor oral surgery procedures encompass a range of dental and oral surgical interventions that are relatively simple in nature. Here is a list of common minor oral surgery procedures:
- Tooth Extractions: The removal of a tooth or multiple teeth, including wisdom teeth (third molars), when they are impacted or causing dental problems.
- Dental Implant Placement: The surgical placement of dental implants, which serve as artificial tooth roots to support dental prosthetics like crowns, bridges, or dentures.
- Biopsies: Removal of a small tissue sample from the oral cavity to investigate and diagnose suspicious lesions, growths, or abnormalities.
- Gum Surgery: Various procedures to treat gum disease (periodontal disease), such as gingival flap surgery, gum grafting, or pocket reduction surgery.
- Pre-prosthetic Surgery: Minor surgical procedures to prepare the mouth for the placement of dental prosthetics like complete or partial dentures.
- Frenectomy: The removal or modification of a small fold of tissue, such as the lingual frenulum (under the tongue) or labial frenulum (between the upper lip and gums). This can be performed to alleviate conditions like tongue-tie or lip-tie.
- Alveoplasty: The reshaping of the jawbone’s ridge, often performed in preparation for dentures or other dental prosthetics.
- Apicoectomy: The removal of the tip of a tooth’s root (apex) to treat a persistent infection or inflammation following a root canal procedure.
- Treatment of Oral Cysts or Abscesses: Surgical drainage or removal of cysts, abscesses, or other fluid-filled lesions within the oral cavity.
- Hemisection: The removal of one-half of a multi-rooted tooth when one root is diseased or damaged.
- Soft Tissue Surgery: Surgical procedures involving the soft tissues of the mouth, such as the removal of excess gum tissue or the treatment of oral ulcers.
- Crown Lengthening: Surgical reshaping of gum and bone tissue to expose more of a tooth’s surface, often done to prepare for restorative or cosmetic procedures.
These minor oral surgery procedures are typically performed in a dental office or oral surgery clinic, often with local anesthesia or sedation to ensure patient comfort. The choice of procedure depends on the patient’s specific dental needs and the recommendation of their dentist or oral surgeon. Smileway Dental Clinic Subang Jaya and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about List of Minor Oral Surgery Procedures, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.