Denture is basically false teeth, used to replace missing tooth or teeth in the mouth. It uses our soft tissues, bones and teeth as support, so that dentures doesn’t fall out.
Types of Dentures
● Full Denture
– Used to replace all missing teeth.
– For patients who lost all their teeth
– Uses patients soft tissue and bone as support
● Partial Denture
– To replace one or more missing teeth.
– For patients who one or more of their teeth
– Uses patients soft tissue, bone or teeth as support
Types of Denture Base
– Is a type of plastic material
– Affordable type of denture, a pink plastic denture base in brittle.
Advantages: Can be repaired, Cheaper
● Flexible / Valplast
– Made from a flexible plastic (nylon), which fits neatly in the mouth
– The base fits your mouth more nicely because of its flexibility. Thus can be fabricated thinner than acrylic dentures and less prone to breakage.
Very light strong and durable.
The dentures can feel more natural, more fitting and less bulky in the mouth
● Cobalt Chrome/Metal
– Has a combination of metals: cobalt and chrome that is used to prevent corrosion.
– The metal is strong and light, making the denture much thinner and more comfortable to wear.
– This type of denture is particularly ideal for patients who may often damage their acrylic denture.
Very close fitting and also comfortable to wear.
More fracture-resistant and have great chewing experience.
These are some of the steps you can take to have a stronger and healthier tooth. After all, we all want to make sure we are problem free and we can enjoy our life and food for many years. In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone.