Scaling is the removal of hardened plaque known as tartar. Plaque develops when food debris is not cleaned thoroughly, causing bacteria accumulation. This will hardened over time because of calcium ions present in the saliva.
Scaling is highly effective in treating gum inflammation, commonly presented with bleeding gums due to accumulation of plaque and tartar. This treatment also can prevent gum disease that can lead to major dental problems. Some benefit of this treatment includes:
- Stops gum disease
- Scaling can help get your gum health back on track.
- Effective at treating gum disease.
- Prevents tooth loss
- Prolong period of plaque and tartar accumulation on gums will cause gum disease. This is due to the bad effect of bacteria which destroys the gums and bone surrounding teeth. Large and deep spaces occur between the teeth and gums, which can lead to tooth loss.
- Scaling can stop tooth loss due to gum disease.
- Prevent tooth decay
- Scaling removes plaque and tartar build up, preventing tooth decay and periodontal pockets.
- Can eliminate bad breath associated with gum disease
- Gum disease and other oral health problems, like tooth decay can cause chronic bad breath.
- Scaling can help improve bad breath caused by plaque and tartar.
These are some of the steps you can take to have a stronger and healthier tooth. After all, we all want to make sure we are problem free and we can enjoy our life and food for many years. In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone.