• Using teeth as tools
– Most people use their teeth to open packages, tear tape or hold items when their hands are full. What most people don’t realise is that using teeth as tools is one of the easiest ways to damage it.
– Using them to perform any other task could lead to chip, crack and even fracture.
• Chewing on ice
– snacking and chewing on ice seems harmless. Ice is hard enough to chip tooth enamel which can lead to fracture and breaks.
• Biting your finger nail
– Nail biting actually affects oral health in several ways;-
➢ Flatten the edges of teeth, making it harder to chew
➢ weak tooth enamel
➢ cause root resorption, which can cause teeth to die and fall out
• Drinking soda / sport drink
– Soda and sports drinks are harmful because they contain large amounts of sugar. Every time you drink it, you drench your teeth in sugar and acid.
• Brushing teeth to hard
– Forceful brushing, particularly with medium or hard toothbrush bristles, irritates the gum and also weaks down tooth enamel which could cause infection and cavities.
In Smileway Dental Clinic Malaysia we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about habits that can ruin your teeth, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.