Brushing your teeth helps remove plaque and bacteria that continually form on teeth and around the gum line. When not removed regularly, plaque can lead to cavities, tooth decay, and even periodontal disease. A proper brushing technique can protect teeth from decay and disease. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Start with the outer surfaces of your teeth. Take your time! Gently brush upper and then lower teeth. Going tooth by tooth can help you slow down and not miss any spots.
- Step 2: Tilt your brush at a 45° angle. Brush against the gumline to get rid of any trapped plaque or food debris. Gently move the brush back and forth using short, tooth-wide strokes.
- Step 3: Brush the inner surface of your teeth. Because the insides of your teeth are not as visible, skipping them is tempting –but these inner surfaces are just as vulnerable to plaque. Use a 45° angle to brush back and forth to clean the inside surfaces of the teeth.
- Step 4: Clean the chewing surfaces of your teeth. Don’t forget to use short
back and forth strokes to brush the tops of your back teeth, where food can easily get trapped.
- Step 5: Brush your tongue. For fresher breath, brush your tongue to
remove odor-causing bacteria.
In Smileway Dental Clinic Subang Jaya and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about the proper way to brush your teeth, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.