Gingivitis is a mild, early form of gum disease that occurs when bacteria and plaque build up in the mouth and lead to infection and make the gum red, swollen and tender.
There some cause can lead to gum diseases such as;
- Poor oral hygiene such as not brushing and flossing in daily habits that can be factor for gingivitis to develop.
- Bad habits such as smoking make it harder for gum tissue to repair itself.
- Family history of dental disease can be a factor for the development of gingivitis
Gum disease may progress painlessly and certain symptoms may point to some form of the gum disease. The symptoms such as;
- Gum bleeding during and after brushing
- Red swollen gum
- Receding gum
- Loose or shifting teeth
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste in the mouth
Gingivitis is treated by removing any plaque because there is no damage to the teeth or bone yet. It will need removed professionally by dentist.
It can be prevented by improving the overall health of your mouth through
- Brushing and flossing teeth after every meal
- Eating healthy balanced diet
- Avoid smoking
If you think you have one of the symptoms, do your checkup with your dentist. We provide free dental checkup and consultation. In Smileway Dental Clinic USJ and Smileway Dental Clinic Setapak we take care of your smile because we believe in “Creating Smiles That Matters” in your life. Take care everyone. To know more about gingivitis, do not hesitate to contact us and get an appointment for a consultation.